About Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation
Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation (WWIA) is a national 501(c)(3) public charity that devotes all of its energy and resources to supporting Purple Heart recipients, the men and women wounded in combat who were awarded the Purple Heart Medal.WWIA supports these phenomenal Heroes by providing them with the opportunity to participate in world-class outdoor sporting activities in small groups over the course of 2 to 3 days in order to provide peer-to-peer interaction among those with similar experiences.
WWIA's mission is to provide world-class outdoor sporting activities as a means to recognize and honor their sacrifice, encourage independence and connections with communities, and promote healing and wellness through camaraderie and a shared passion for the outdoors. Our only goal is to get our Wounded Warriors back in Action! Many great Americans throughout the history of this Nation have experienced and truly believe in the tremendous healing power of the Great Outdoors. We feel there is no greater healing potential than connecting with nature and pursuing great achievements both afield and on the water. This is our Nation's opportunity to give something back and to express in a meaningful way, our collective gratitude for their service and great sacrifices these heroes have made.
WWIA accomplishes our mission with servant leadership and dedicated focus on the needs and desires of each and every Wounded Warrior. We accomplish the WWIA mission by:
- First and foremost, we accomplish our mission by meeting and exceeding our goals of: increasing self-reliance, bolstering self-confidence, enjoying the great outdoors, promoting spiritual healing and wellness, and instilling a sense of belonging for every sponsored Purple Heart recipient at every WWIA event.
- Providing tailored world-class outdoor sporting activities in small groups over a period of 2 to 3 days, promoting a deeper bond and peer-to-peer interaction.
- Promoting compassion and understanding between Combat Wounded Heroes at all WWIA sponsored events.
- Providing a proven and certified WWIA Associate as a mentor and guide for combat wounded American Heroes. Every event is assigned WWIA Associates with unique talents, skills, and experience who aim to serve the specific needs of the Heroes attending to optimize the outdoor sporting activity. View WWIA Associates.
- Organizing regional and local community involvement and participation in WWIA sponsored outdoor sporting events that facilitate building long lasting strong relationships between American Heroes and American Sportsmen.
Wounded Warriors frequently return home after serving our Nation different than when they left - life in general and their personal and professional lives have changed dramatically. WWIA strives to show these Heroes that they can still experience and accomplish milestones in their life in similar fashion - no matter their current circumstances. WWIA encourages American Heroes to get back In Action - all while forging and strengthening heartfelt, strong relationships with WWIA Associates and local American Sportsmen - showing a truly grateful and supportive Nation.
Together, with your support, we will build a Foundation that stands the test of time and serves as a constant reminder of our commitment to the Wounded Warrior healing process. With your assistance, WWIA will succeed in aiding the Wounded Warriors in overcoming insurmountable odds and repay a debt of gratitude for the great sacrifices they've made.